CSA INFORMATION, GUIDELINES and POLICIES
REGISTRATION and GENERAL INFO: Our CSA runs for a total of 20-24 weeks, generally from early June until about Thanksgiving. Normally there are 2 - 8 week sessions, July/Aug and Sept/Oct as well as a smaller final 5 week fall session. This year we are also offering a smaller June session that will overlap with the summer session. Members may join at any time (as long as space is available) and will pay for the remainder of the session they are joining, plus any future sessions they wish to commit to.
please click here FOR MORE INFO about our 2014 CSA
Our registration form is available here.
Membership fees are generally collected 2 weeks before the beginning of each session. This money is crucial to the running of our farm- it is necessary for us to purchase things we need for the season like boxes and helps us begin to pay off seed orders and labor costs. Payment may be in cash or check form or via PayPal. All checks can be made out to Casalegno Family Farm and should be sent to 170 Laurel Glen Rd Soquel or dropped into the money box at our farmstand AFTER receiving email (or phone) verification of membership.
We understand that it can be hard for working families to come up with the entire payment up front which is one of the reasons we run shorter more affordable 8 week sessions instead of only full season memberships. We really want our food to be accessible to all people despite financial hardships so if this is the case for your family please contact us. Payment plans can be arranged.
PICK UP POLICIES:
1. You are responsible for picking up your box each week. Please arrange
to have a family member, friend or neighbor pick up your box for you if
you will not be able to. There are no refunds for boxes that were not
picked up. If you will be out of town and let us know at least 1 week
in advance we can often work something out - but only one time per session
2. Boxes are to be picked up at our farm stand located at 3700 Old San Jose Rd in Soquel. For Friday pick ups the boxes are ready at 2:30 pm, and must be picked up before dark. If you know in advance that you will be late getting your box please let us know and we will try to put it in the fridge for you (space is very limited, and not always available though)
3. Please sign on the clipboard after getting your box (and flowers if you are signed up for them)
4. PLEASE try to remember to bring your own basket, box or bag to transfer your share into so you will not have to remember to bring your box back. If you do take the box PLEASE BRING IT BACK every week!!!
5. Remember to drive safely when entering the farm stand driveway - watch out for kiddos, wheelbarrows and animals!
New in 2014 is the delivery option. There are a limited number of these memberships available. Deliveries are made in a fuel efficient Prius and will be made to your home by 7 pm on Fridays. Boxes will be brought directly to your front door and left there if no one answers, unless otherwise specified. Boxes must be returned! Please remember to leave your box from the previous week out for pick up each week when your delivery is made.